Bringing the Light of Christ to our community & to the world
What is “Points of Light”?
“Points of Light” is a purposeful effort to encourage and empower Britton Road members to be “Points of Light” in the local community and throughout the world.
A “Point of Light” is a Britton Road member reflecting Jesus to another person (or group of people) in a planned and purposeful way through their words and/or actions.
You can be a “Point of Light” by
- engaging in a domestic or foreign mission campaign,
- starting or participating in a neighborhood Bible study,
- helping with FriendSpeak,
- participating in apartment evangelism,
- initiating or participating in World Bible School,
- studying the Bible with a friend,
- starting a community interest group or participating in an existing group like Meals on Wheels, Grief Support, Tai Kwan Do or Community Greek Class,
- using your own unique gift to connect with and touch people for Jesus.
How is “Points of Light” funded?
Many points of light will need no special funding. Some who serve as a point of light may choose to provide their own funding. Other Points of Light efforts will require special funding. When special funding is required, it may be supplied through money contributed by Britton Road members. Every 5th Sunday contribution at Britton Road has been designated for use in funding these efforts.
How is Funding Obtained?
All Britton Road members are encouraged to pray for and to be a part of a “Points of Light” project. This project can be an ongoing or a new one. The Britton Road elders and missions committee will be happy to advise and encourage such efforts. If funding is needed, Britton Road members can apply for funding by filling out a
“Points of Light” application, which is available from the missions committee.